Promising review: “Very happy with the Oster, it does what it’s supposed to do without a problem, even for us few who can’t eat gluten. This is the healthiest gluten-free recipe I know: no grains except rice, and no ‘gums’ to bind the dough. A dead simple recipe, great result, with minimum effort!
Ingredients (makes a 1.5 lbs. loaf):
– 1 egg
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– 1 cup warm water (or more, as needed)
– 1 tspoon brown sugar
– 1 tspoon salt
– 1 tspoon baking soda
– 2 cups rice flour (white or brown)
– 1/2 cup tapioca flour
– 1/2 cup potato starch (not flour)
– 3 tspoons gluten-free active dry yeast
– 2 tspoons psyllium husk (optional, used for binding)
– 1 tspoon nutritional yeast (optional)
1. Replace the kneading blade in the breadmaker’s baking pan.
2. Add the liquid ingredients in the baking pan.
3. In a separate bowl, mix well the dry ingredients (except the yeast), and then add them on top of the liquid ingredients.
4. Make a small hole with your finger in the middle of the flour, and add the yeast(s).
5. Set the pan inside the bread maker, close the lid, and select from the menu the default program #1, and: 1.5 lb loaf, and medium crust. Press to Start the process. The bread will be ready in 3.5 hours. Use a cooling rack.
1. The psyllium husk is used as a substitute to various gums (like xanthan gum, which is known to create health problems). Psyllium husk adds fiber to the bread.
2. The nutritional yeast will add B1 vitamin to the bread, a vitamin that most gluten-free dieters easily get deficient on (wheat flours come enriched with B1).
3. Eating the bread cold, will help you get more ‘resistant starch’ (that comes primarily from the potato starch). That type of starch isn’t digestible (so it doesn’t make you gain weight), and it’s food only for the good gut bacteria. That starch is only ‘resistant’ when it’s cold.” –Eugenia L
Get it from Amazon for $59.99.
Powered by WPeMatico